Shockwave Therapy is a very effective treatment for chronic soft tissue injuries and inflammation in shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees and feet. Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendinitis, Tennis & Golfers' elbow, Calcific Tendinitis of the shoulder and rotator cuff injuries respond very quickly to Radial Shockwave Therapy.
High pressure sound waves used in Shockwave therapy interact with the painful damaged tissue resulting in fast pain relief and increases in joint and muscle mobility. Scientifically proven benefits include:
- Reversal of chronic inflammation to decrease the pain cycle
- Stimulation of new collagen production to repair damaged tissue
- Removal of calcium build up which promotes healing
- Lowering of "Substance P" to decrease pain
- New blood vessel formation to help repair damaged tissue
- Release of painful trigger points in muscles to promote muscle relaxation